New COVID Vaccination Flyers and Infographics for Dental Practices Made Possible by State Grant
The most recent status data show that in July 2022, unvaccinated people were 2.6 times more likely to contract COVID-19, three times more likely to be hospitalized with COVID-19, and 3.6 times more likely to die from COVID-19 than those vaccinated with at least one serial primary.
Meanwhile, long COVID reports, that can affect people with COVID-19, are surfacing more frequently. Scientists and medical professionals are still learning about the myriad of lingering complications that COVID can cause for a long time, including serious respiratory, heart and neurological problems. A recent study by the Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy found that vaccination reduces the risk of contracting long-lasting COVID by 15%.
New vaccination materials for use in dental practices
As trusted healthcare professionals, dentists are positioned daily to discuss COVID-19 vaccination with their staff, patients and the public, to inspire confidence in COVID-19 vaccines and ultimately influence uptake. decisions of their patients regarding vaccination.
CDA released the Immunization Confidence Toolkit in the spring of 2021 with more than a dozen resources to help dentists have confident discussions about immunization with their patients. Many resources have been updated and added since the release of the toolkit.
Today, CDA is announcing six new vaccine messaging resources for use in dental offices, made possible by a grant from the California Department of Public Health. They understand:
- Prevention Infographic: Patient-oriented infographic encourages brushing, flossing, routine dental cleanings and COVID-19 vaccination.
- Prevention Infographic: Version 2 of this infographic for patients also encourages prevention and recommends that patients talk to their dental team about planning a vaccination.
- Vaccine Hesitancy Leaflet: An interactive page for dentists discusses vaccine hesitancy, including its prevalence in unique populations, and how dentists can use motivational interviewing with patients to assess their level of comfort with vaccination.
- Vaccination Discussion Pamphlet: Provides tips for talking about COVID-19 vaccination with patients and includes recommended answers to common patient questions about COVID-19 vaccines.
- Vaccination Leaflet for Patients: Discusses the importance of COVID-19 vaccination as part of a patient’s overall health, answers common questions from parents and children about vaccines, and directs patients to myturn .ca.gov to schedule an immunization appointment.
- Vaccination Schedule Messaging: Dentists can use this sample message to let patients know via email or another method that their dental office is offering COVID-19 vaccinations and reminders.
Find the new downloadable resources in CDA’s Vaccine Trust Toolkit.